- Order number : 100529-UK
- Manufacturer : Microsoft
Prices incl. VAT
Available for immediate delivery
Highlights & Details
- Expand your licence set easily and in a flexible way
- Ideal expansion for Windows Server 2019
- No limits on term of validity
- Licence without device dependence
- Work from any workplace
- Order number: 100529-UK
- Open text field 2: <p>Microsoft Windows Server 2019 is the latest hit from the Redmond software giant, demonstrating many new functions and detail improvements, thanks to which server systems perform better and are more secure. Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CALs allow&
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CAL - More flexibility for your system
To exploit the full potential of a genuinely high performance server system such as Microsoft Server 2019, it has to be as flexible as possible, permitting requirements based use. Companies can acquire additional licences with so-called Client Access Licences, which enable expansion of the server operating system with additional users and devices, permitting total access to the system. Microsoft offers two variants - User CALs and Device CALs.
What is the difference between User CALs and Device Cals?
Each user or each device with a projected connection to the server system requires a valid Microsoft Server 2019 licence. User CALs are licences restricted to a specific user. In contrast to this, Device CALs are linked to devices. As User CALs are user specific, each licensed user receives personal access data for the system. The advantage is that full access to the system is given from any workplace. In contrast to the Device CALs, there is no device dependence.
When should a company use Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CALs?
Those who benefit most are companies and organisations, who want to give their employees flexible working methods that aren´t limited to the desktop computer in a stationary office. User licensing permits staff access to the system from a computer connected from a home office or, in mobile use, from a company notebook, facilitating far more rapid and efficient connecting to the required data.
Since User CALs are available individually and as licence packages, companies can continue to expand their system according to current requirements. In addition, Microsoft User Server 2019 User CALs can be freely combined with Device CALs. The bottom line is considerable savings.
Major innovations from Windows Server 2019
By purchasing a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CAL employees can enjoy using a high performance server operating system, whose current version includes numerous new functions and detail improvements.
- Express Updates: In a similar way to the Windows 10 desktop operating system, Express Updates are applied in the new server version too. This in turn reduces installation times and lowers the number of new starts required.
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: The Windows Server 2019 improved protective mechanism provides advanced protection against Root Kits and Zero Day attacks. There is also improved encryption of data, network traffic and virtual machines.
- Integration of Linux: In contrast to previous versions, Windows Server 2019 includes expanded safety concepts for Linux Servers and direct integration of Linux distributions into the Windows installation.
- Integration of Microsoft Azure: Practically seamless collaboration between Windows Server and Microsoft Azure makes data synchronisation easy and the data can be saved with Azure Backup. In addition, the adaptation allows clusters to be connected to Microsoft Azure.
- Better Containers: By increasing the scope of cooperation with Kubernetes, Microsoft enables the operation of hybrid Container environments in Server 2019.
- Storage Migration Assistant: In future, the Storage Migrations Service supports users of a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 User CAL to migrate data and file servers to Windows Server 2019. As multiple devices can be used as source of migration, this is easier than at any time.
Platform Windows Processor Processor with at least 1,4 GHz, (single core), at least 1,3 GHz (multi core) - 3,1 GHz or more recommended (single and multi core), maximum support from 2 CPU sockets Working memory at least 2 GB RAM (or 4 GB, if Windows Server Essentials is provided as a VM), 16 GB RAM recommended, maximum support from 64 GB Graphics card n/s Sound card n/s Hard drive At least 160 GB hard disc memory with a system partition with a capacity of at least 60 GB Screen n/s Optical drive n/s
|Processor||Processor with at least 1,4 GHz, (single core), at least 1,3 GHz (multi core) - 3,1 GHz or more recommended (single and multi core), maximum support from 2 CPU sockets|
|Working memory||at least 2 GB RAM (or 4 GB, if Windows Server Essentials is provided as a VM), 16 GB RAM recommended, maximum support from 64 GB|
|Hard drive||At least 160 GB hard disc memory with a system partition with a capacity of at least 60 GB|