Prices incl. VAT
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Order number: 100531-UK
- Status: New
- Run time: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
Product information "Windows Server 2019 - 10 Device CALs"
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Device CAL for a requirements based server system
The Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Device CAL is a special type of licence for companies to give staff access to Windows Server 2019. The purchase of additional Device CALs also makes it possible to expand your server system with additional devices. Companies can then set up a requirements based, flexible, high performance server system with no major problems, deploying their resources sparingly in a cost-efficient way.
What´s so special about Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Device CAL ?
Companies acquiring a so-called device licence are entitled to install Microsoft Windows Server 2019 on a specific device. This can be a desktop PC, notebook, scanner or control centre. Conversely, it also means that Device CALs are allocated to a specific device and cannot be subsequently transferred to another device. This is not a so-called floating licence.
The advantage of this licensing variant is that the device thus licensed can be used by any user, as no further user licences have to be purchased. A Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Device CAL enables employees to access on existing Windows Server 2016 systems. However, it is not possible to access Server 2019 via 2016 system CALs.
Flexible and requirements based system architecture
A major advantage of the Client Access Licence model is its requirements based use. The licence structure owes this feature to the free combinability of device licences and user licences. These are available on an individual basis and in licence packages, permitting a cost-efficient set up of a customised server system. It´s quite easy to furnish device licences to stationary offices and provide employees frequently working from a home office with User CALs, allowing them to access all required data regardless of their location.
Major innovations from Windows Server 2019
Buying a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Device CAL is a convenient way to plan a server system from scratch or to expand it as you wish. Staff then have total access to the high performance and safety features of the current server operating system from Microsoft.
- Windows sub-system for Linux: Microsoft has considerably improved the integration of Linux in the current server version. This takes place via improved safety concepts such as “Shielded VMs” and by being able to administer Linux servers from Windows servers using Linux commands. Another benefit is the integration of Linux distributions into the Windows installation.
- Interconnection with Microsoft Azure: In addition to simplified data synchronisation, more efficient cooperation with Microsoft Azure allows Windows Server 2019 easy data backup via Azure Backup.
- Better all-round protection: To optimise protection of essential data, Microsoft has been working on the encryption of data and file servers. This measure is supplemented by way of direct cooperation between the server operating system and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). The system will then recognise threats such as Root Kits and Zero Day attacks, which many conventional anti-virus programmes fail to identify.
- Express Updates: When you switch over to Windows Server 2019, lengthy downloads, time consuming installations and constant new starts become a thing of the past. As in the Windows 10 desktop operating system, Microsoft has included the usual Express Updates.
|Processor||Processor with at least 1,4 GHz, (single core), at least 1,3 GHz (multi core) - 3,1 GHz or more recommended (single and multi core), maximum support from 2 CPU sockets|
|Working memory||at least 2 GB RAM (or 4 GB, if Windows Server Essentials is provided as a VM), 16 GB RAM recommended, maximum support from 64 GB|
|Hard drive||At least 160 GB hard disc memory with a system partition with a capacity of at least 60 GB|
Unfortunately, we have not yet received any reviews for this product.
Simply buy software at Lizengo!
Secure purchase through SSL encryption.
You can download your software immediately after purchase.
Install and activate the software.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
How is our price put together?
Software licences are created and handed over for the manufacture of computers and systems, for retail trade or for industrial equipment. Lizengo purchases, from many distributors, large quantities of new software licences that are either unused or have not been installed.
Through this type of purchasing, the omission of delivery and storage fees due to the virtual delivery channel, as well as the relevant personnel involved, we are able to make and pass on such reasonable prices.
Lizengo stands for the purchasing of new software licences in a reliable and proper manner.